In support of the Nigerian Content Policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria, Intels Nigeria Limited is committed to maximizing in a sustainable manner, the use of Nigerian human resources, materials, equipment and services in its operations without compromising the company’s values, quality, health, safety and environmental standards.
In order to contribute to the development of Nigeria’s industrial capabilities and competences and supporting the nation’s economy, Intels shall seek to maximize the participation of Nigerian businesses and local contractors in its operations in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act, 2010. Intels shall take all reasonable measures to meetrequisite Nigerian Content Plan without compromising the intent of achieving the best overall value for the project in terms of price, quality, efficiency, delivery and operating parameters.
Intels on Nigerian Content Development
Over the years, Intels Nigeria Limited in conjunction with the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Trade & Investment and other relevant government agencies has laid the foundation for a world class port development in support of the Oil and Gas Industry in Nigeria, thus encouraging job creation, human capital development.
- Intels is a major promoter of foreign direct investment into Nigeria in the Oil and Gas Free Zones.
- Creation of employment, training and transfer of technology as demonstrated in our commitment to invest in manpower development (The Training Academy). About 25,000 direct and indirect jobs created.
- Promotion of Nigerian manufactured goods and services through the provision of excellent facilities and dedicated Oil and Gas logistic support bases attracting industry service (foreign and local) companies.
- A champion of local content as recognized by Nigerian Content Development
monitoring Board (NCDMB).
- Excellence and world class standards in terminal operations and cargo handling with various fleet of cargo handling equipment.
- A contributor to the Nigerian Content Development Fund.
- Excellence in host community relations and empowerment.