The Oil Service Centres, like those in Aberdeen and Stavanger in the North Sea, offer a full range of services for the sub–Saharan region of Africa, with each company having a dedicated area to operate its services as well as offices to manage its operations.
With the sanction of the relevant Nigerian authorities, Intels has successfully created Oil Service Centres within its bases at Onne (Port Harcourt), Warri, and Calabar that have the facilities, structure and expertise to meet the demanding requirements of the oil and gas industry.
The Bureau of Public Enterprise’s (BPE) program to privatise the operation of NPA ports will allow the Concession Operator to offer clients far greater logistic control over their operations, thus increasing their efficiency.
The Oil Service Centres are completely self-sufficient with regard to infrastructure: they have redundant power supply systems, water supply systems, communications network, living estate, catering facilities, transportation centres, etc. The Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone has the added advantage of being located within the Customs Bonded Area, thus eliminating the double cost of transfers to private bases.
Offering a complete range of facilities including industrial areas, jetties, warehouses, offices and equipment, Intels has created an enabling environment where clients have dedicated facilities from which to operate, with the added advantage of being able to satisfy their operational needs within the Oil Service Centre.
Support facilities & services available include:
- Transit and marine shore base services
- Shipping and air freight
- Clearing and forwarding
- Support vessels, barges and tugs
- Dry docks / boat construction
- Living estates
- Drilling companies and offshore rig suppliers
- Drilling chemicals, mud and cement
- Drilling and production tools
- Rig stacking and maintenance
- Trees and wellheads
- Tubular inspections
- Tubular stockiest/suppliers
- Pipe coating plants
- Machine shop
- Spare parts and stock items provider
- Environmental and waste management services
- Fleet of heavy duty equipment - cranes, forklifts, container handler trucks etc.
- Fabricating yard
- Construction (offshore /swamp)
- Container terminal
- Dedicated Free Zone management, customs, immigration, inspections, agents, banks.